St. Dalfour Wild Blueberry & Lemon Muffins
Looking for a gluten free recipe? Check out these grain-free & gluten free lemon blueberry muffins with whipped blueberry mascarpone yogurt. Made with St. Dalfour Wild Blueberry Fruit Spread, it’s the perfect snack on a rainy summer day!
Recipe courtesy of @annamozzarellla
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
3/4 TSP baking soda
1/4 TSP salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup + 1 TBSP raw honey
1 1/2 cups blueberries
2/3 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
3 TBSP St. Dalfour Wild Blueberry Fruit Spread
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix both flours, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, olive oil, vanilla, 1/4 cup honey, and the zest of one lemon and the juice of all four lemons.
3. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix until just combined using a spatula. Fold in blueberries.
4. Using a mid-size cookie scooper, scoop batter into a lined muffin tin. Non-wheat flours don’t rise as well, so by using the cookie scooper you can keep that puffed muffin top shape. Bake for 20-24 mins until knife comes out with just a few crumbs on it.
5. Meanwhile, make the ‘frosting’. Whisk together the yogurt, mascarpone, blueberry preserves, and 1 tbsp honey using a stand mixer for about 2 mins.
6. Let muffins cool and top with the whipped blueberry yogurt just before serving. Store the yogurt separately – it isn’t real frosting so isn’t as stable.