St. Dalfour French Grape PB&J Ice Cream Sandwiches
Looking for a gluten free recipe? Check out these grain-free & gluten free lemon blueberry muffins with whipped blueberry mascarpone yogurt. Made with St. Dalfour Wild Blueberry Fruit Spread, it’s the perfect snack on a rainy summer day!
Recipe courtesy of @taylorrosemcbride
2 cups heavy cream
5 egg yolks
1 cup whole milk
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 TSP vanilla extract
3/4-1 cup St. Dalfour French Grape Fruit Spread
Peanut Butter Eggless Cookie Dough
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
4 TSP milk
1 TSP vanilla extract
1. To begin, start by making an ice bath. Set a bowl over another bowl of ice. Pour the heavy cream in and set a strainer on top of that. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks together. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the whole milk, salt, and sugar. Warm the mixture, but be careful not to boil. Once the milk has been warmed, temper the egg yolks by stirring in a little of the milk at a time, making sure to constantly whisk. Once the eggs have been tempered, pour the mixture back into the saucepan. Over low heat, stir the custard constantly until it has thickened to the point where it coats the back of a spoon.
3. Strain the custard into the bowl with the cream, catching any lumps and discarding those. Stir together the custard and the cream, and add the vanilla extract. Refrigerate for at least two hours, or overnight. Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
4. Once the ice cream comes out of the maker, layer 1/3 of the ice cream in the bottom of a bowl, followed by a thin layer of St. Dalfour French Grape Fruit Spread, top with ice cream, another layer of grape fruit spread, and the final layer of ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and set in the freezer. After about an hour gently fold the ice cream to incorporate the grape fruit spread throughout the ice cream. Place back in freezer until ready to use.
5. With the eggless dough combine all of the ingredients in a mixer, using the paddle attachment. Take the dough and place in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
6.In an 8×8 baking dish, line the bottom with 2 strips of parchment paper, so they extend beyond the edges of the pan on all sides. Spray with cooking spray. Take the chilled dough out of the fridge and split the dough in half. Take one half of the dough and spread in an even layer on top of the greased parchment paper, making sure to reach all four corners. Top with ice cream.
7. Take the other half of the dough and on another greased piece of parchment on your counter, make an even layer of the dough, just like you did on the bottom and stack on top. Press down to make sure everything is sealed in.
8. Let freeze overnight, or at least 6-8 hours. Then, Enjoy!