- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 3 tablespoon St. Dalfour Kumquat Spread
- 1/2 cup thick Greek Yoghurt
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Thickly grate cucumbers and place in fine sieve to drain.
After 10 minutes squeeze cucumbers with your hands to remove as much liquid as possible.
Place in a bowl and mix in remaining ingredients. Will keep covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Note: I use this sauce as a side condiment with curries. The natural sweetness of the Kumquat Spread together with the coolness of the cucumbers and yoghurt perfectly counteract the spicy heat in curries.
Try it with our Curried Beef Couscous recipe available on this web site.