- 2 jars St. Dalfour Cranberry and Blueberry Spread
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoon fresh orange juice, strained
- 2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
Combine all ingredients together, refrigerate for at least an hour before using.
Note: This sauce is the taste of Christmas in a jar, absolutely delicious served on Christmas Day with hot or cold turkey, chicken or ham. It will keep in the refrigerator for more than a week and is great to have on hand to have with all the Christmas leftover meats.
You can also make beautiful Christmas tarts using this sauce, prepare as above leaving the vinegar out then spoon into prepared tart cases and bake for approx. 15 minutes.
Make a stunning Christmas ice cream by softening 2 litres of good vanilla ice cream, swirl the Christmas sauce (without the vinegar) through it then refreeze in its own tub or preferably in a decorative mould.