- 1 jar St. Dalfour Mirabelle Plum Spread
- 1/4 teaspoon five spice powder
- 4 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
Combine all of the ingredients together. Taste before adding any salt as the soy sauce is usually salty enough.
Note: This can be used as a sauce to have with ready cooked meat such as pork chops or chicken or it can be used as a marinade for any meat that you intend to bake, grill, fry or barbecue.
The marinade is particularly delicious with pork. I marinade pork loin chops for at least an hour then add a little olive oil to a hot frypan and cook the chops. I add any leftover marinade and a little water to the pan in the last 5 minutes of cooking and end up with this beautiful thick sticky sauce covering the pork.